Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Strawberry Delight


May is the month for fresh strawberries or use up the frozen strawberries in your freezer so that you can freeze some fresh ones again. My mom always taught me to use up the older freezer products before replenishing. I still like to with that motto.
When my family was younger I used to make their favorite dessert.
It is so easy and yet so yummy that everyone will ask for the recipe.
Tonight I served it for my son's birthday and sure enough.
"Can I have the recipe?"
I made up this title, because I do not know the origin of this recipe.


Strawberry Delight

Ingredients
  • One package strawberry jello. (6oz)
  • 2 Cups Whipping Cream or 1 Litre Cool Whip (soften cool whip)
  • Four cups frozen strawberries
Method
  1. Follow directions on packet to dissolve jello. (2 Cups boiling water)
  2. Make sure you stir long enough so that the jello is all dissolved.
  3. Add 4 cups frozen strawberries, make sure they are broken apart. (mine are sliced)
  4. This will make your jello thicken very quickly (5-10 min.) Stir frequently.
  5. Then fold in your whip cream or Cool whip.
  6. I usually pour this into parfait glasses or fruit nappies.
Add frozen strawberries to the hot jello mixture.

Fold in whip cream or Cool Whip

Spoon into dessert nappies and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
And I can promise you that your guests will ask you for the recipe.
It's light, cool, and refreshing especially on a warm evening.