Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Baron Of Beef

This is one of our family's favorite.
Often on Sundays we have lunch together with our family.
I'm always up, for trying everybody's favorite meals.
I love to find meals that I can prepare on Saturdays,
so that my work load is simple on Sundays.

When those little boys walk in and yell.
"Oma I'm Here!"
Everything get's dropped and big hugs are in place.
So I'm trying to avoid last minute prep..
Makes my life much simpler.
The recipe I'm about to post is from my cousin in Calgary.
This weekend I made Judy's delicious bread.
And I cooked up her Cream of Cauliflower Soup
I don't think this one has found it's way into the
MGCC Blog.....Check it out. It's a keeper.

And then I added Calgary Cousin's fresh

Baron of Beef

Sirloin Tip Roast
5 pounds
Rub with dry mustard/ onion soup mix
Put in oven to roast/add some water
Approximately 21/2 hours. (depending on the size)

Slice thinly.
I have this wonderful Braun machine,
which does an incredible job.

Sauce
1 Cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp. Worchester Sauce
1/4 Cup Vinegar
1 Tbsp Brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. celery salt
1 Tbsp minced onions
2 Tbsp. Soya Sauce

Blend this together and layer meat with sauce,
so that everything gets marinated.
Cook in oven for 1 hour at 350.
Cook a pot of rice and you have a hearty meal.


I love cooking in large quantities.
Usually someone needs an extra serving somewhere,
and why not, it's so simple to make a double batch.

Another meal to enjoy on a cold winter night.
When is Spring coming?