Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chicken Tarragon Salad

Over the past 10 years, since the children have left home,
salads, have been one of our staple foods in the house.
I always enjoy sharing other people's salads. What a treat.
Sometimes when we've dined out, it's always a treat when the chef,
shares some secrets with you.
This recipe comes from one of our finest dining restaurants way back in 1980's.
It was called the "Harverstors Four," and they had a European chef, Jurgeon.
He has shared several with me and they are always my families favorites.

Go to your favorite market, or pick from your garden.
I always love to get the freshest vegetables.

Julienne all the vegetables.
It looks so nice and colorful.

I make most of my own dressings and have found the little
Braun mixer to be a favorite for mixing the dressing for the right consistency.

Don't forget the freshly cut up Tarragon.

I made this on Sunday and just through the freshly chopped
Tarragon right into the salad.
The fresh flavors are still in my taste buds.

Chicken Tarragon

4 deboned chicken breasts
2 green peppers
2 red peppers
2 Romain heads lettuce
1 bunch onion greens
1 red Spanish onion

1. Fry Chicken at 375 for 20-30 min. I always BBQ
2. Julienne (cut long thin strips) peppers, onions
3. Cut lettuce into bite size pieces.

Dressing

2 TBSP vinegar & tarragon (I love to use fresh tarragon from my garden.)
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. Worchester Sauce
10 TBSP unsaturated oil (I use Olive Oil)

When the chicken is cooled, cut into julienne strips and lay them on top of the salad.
Pour the dressing over the salad and watch the food disappear.
I can never make this salad big enough.
Of course you can serve some of Marg's Health Buns