Sunday, December 21, 2014

Crab Cups

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Crab Cups


Here's something that I sampled many years ago as I walked through the aisles of a supermarket. This tasted so good, that I asked for the recipe, and ever since that day, it's part of our Christmas Eve appetizer platter. So if you are still looking for those last minute ideas...this one is a real winner. The kids actually thought I had things mixed up today when I served them two days early...Don't worry, I will be making a fresh batch.

Crab Cups
  • 250 grams of imitation crab
  • 1 stalk of celery
  • 1 onion green
  • 2-3 Tbsp miracle whip
  • salt and pepper to taste.
  • 2 boxes of Siljans, (crispy shells)
Instructions.
  1. Chop the crab, onion greens and celery fine, so it resembles the same texture.
  2. Add the miracle whip
  3. Add salt and pepper to taste
  4. Blend all ingredients together
  5. Dish mixture into shells.

I always prepare this in the afternoon, and store in a sealed container, refrigerated. After we come home from the church service, I spoon the mixture into the crispy shells, just before serving them, or else they will get soggy. If you have leftover crab mixture, store it back in the fridge, and as usual, someone will have snuck into my fridge early Christmas morning to finish them off. It's quick, it's easy and just the perfect size.