Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Raspberry CAke

My walking partner phoned this morning
and said she needed a day to catch up.
Fair Enough!
I totally agreed and while we were quickly talking about our days,
I told her I needed a quick fix for coffee.
"Do I run to town or make something?"
She responded, "Do you have raspberries?"
"I sure do."

This is one girl that needs to be adding recipe's to our
Mennonite Girls Can Cook.
I scrawled down the recipe and whipped it up.
Saved myself a trip to town,
plus there is nothing like serving something home-made.


Raspberry Cake

1/3 C margarine
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp.vanilla
2 C flour
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C Milk

You know how this works.
Heat oven to 375.
Cream your margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Add your flour, baking powder, salt and finally your milk.
Throw into 9x13 greased pan.
Add about 3 Cups of fresh raspberries on top of the cake.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes.

Drizzle a basic icing over the cake and BINGO! It's ready to go.
It' so YUMMY and is definitely a keeper in our home.
Thank-you so much Laurie for the great suggestion.